TAKE OUR QUIZ ON ASIAN BELIEFS AND ISSUES
(Answers and scoring at the bottom of the page)
1. People who practise Islam are called...
2. The three main religions practised by Asians in the UK are...
A. Sikhism, Islam, and Buddhism
B. Sikhism, Hinduism, and Buddhism
C. Sikhism, Hinduism, and Islam
3. Who is the founder of Sikhism?
A. Guru Granth Sahib
B. Guru Nanak
C. Guru Angad
4. Who is the founder of Islam?
A. Isa (pbuh)
B. Ishmael (pbuh)
C. Muhammad (pbuh)
5. Who among these Hindu deities is found in the Bhagavad Gita?
A. Sri Ram
B. Sri Krishna
C. Sri Shiva
6. Who were the first disciples of Jesus to come to India and when?
A. The Portuguese, in the 1500s AD
B. The Syrians, by 1000 AD
C. St. Thomas, one of Jesus' original disciples, before 100 AD
7. What is NOT a name given to the Buddha or "Enlightened One"?
A. Avatara Buddhaji
B. Siddhartha Gautauma
8. Upon entering a Muslim Mosque it is important to...
A. Touch the holy water
B. Remove your shoes
C. Wash your hands and face
9. In a Sikh Temple everyone must...
A. Cover their head
B. Remove their shoes
C. Sit on the floor
10. What is one difference between Sikhism and Hinduism?
A. Hinduism teaches in reincarnation and Sikhism does not
B. Hinduism teaches in karma and Sikhism does not
C. Hinduism recognizes many gods while Sikhism recognizes one
1. B - Many people get the two terms confused.
2. C - Buddhism is practised more by the east Asian population.
3. B - The Guru Granth Sahib is Sikhism's Holy Book and current Guru. Guru Angad was Guru Nanak's first successor.
4. C - A bit of a trick question. Muslims would say the founder is God Himself, but the last prophet of God was Muhammad (pbuh), who began the movement of Islam.
5. B - Sri Krishna is one of many popular Hindu deities. He is usually portrayed with a light blue coloured skin. The Bhagavad Gita is a beautiful account of Krishna giving wisdom and knowledge to Arjuna before he goes into battle. He is considered to be an incarnation of Ram for those of you interested in details.
6. C - It is widely believed that Apostle Thomas arrived in the south of India, even within a generation of Jesus' life on earth.
7. A - This is a made up name. Fooled you! For your information, however, the Buddha has been counted as an avatar or incarnation of Ram by some Hindus, though Buddhists do not agree.
8. B and C - Muslims hold it important to wash before prayer.
9. All of the above - Sikhs cover their heads, remove their shoes, and sit on the floor out of reverence for God.
10. C - Sikhism and Hinduism agree on karma and reincarnation.
If you had this many right-
0 - You are at the wrong website
1-4 - Better, but you need to take the Asian Equip Course! (See contact page)
5-8 - You passed the test, but you could still use Asian Equip
9-10 - Well done! You are aware and knowledgeable of Asian beliefs and issues. Now discuss them respectfully with your friends. But it still wouldn't hurt to take the Asian Equip Course!
No matter what you scored...if you want to go deeper in Asian (East and West) spirituality in Christ, be sure to check out:
Click on the links above to find out more
Hope you enjoyed our quiz!
Let us continue to labour for mutual respect, understanding, and peace between faith groups and all people.
Song playing in background is titled "He He Prabhu" performed by Aradhna
Song playing on home page is titled "Gaao Re" performed by Aradhna